We’re always really excited to review Amazon Basics chairs because while they provide basic support and a basic overall design, they usually deliver overall great quality and supreme customer support. Next up, is the AmazonBasics Mid Back Mesh Chair.
We were a little confused at first because we couldn’t figure out why a chair with such a low price had so many high reviews, why it was one of the best sellers on Amazon and this is why we just had to get a hold of one and try it for ourselves. Were we disappointed or did it live up to our expectations?
First up is the overall design of this chair and it looks pretty simple so we had to dig a little deeper. We weren’t really impressed with the wheelbase or what it had to offer because it looked like every other standard wheelbase you could buy at a retail store. Then again, this chair is cheaper than a lot of office or gaming chairs sold at retail stores. The measurement of the AmazonBasics chairs is a little small so we do fear that this design won’t allow for larger customers to fully enjoy the chair but it’s still a great design.
For a chair that’s low $xxx and a chair that’s built with a medium sized design in mind wasn’t sure really what to expect when it came to the durability of the chair. Would it snap under extreme pressure, would it buckle under a lot of weight or would it hold up as the big dogs do? We didn’t pressure test this chair too much but the overall durability and weight placement of the chair seemed really great. We have no complaints here and we think it’s a solid comfortable chair for a small investment.
The comfort level of this Amazon Basics chairs is pretty good, surprisingly. You don’t usually try to expect too much out of a chair when it’s this cheap or looks like a traditional budget office chair but we’d say we definitely got what we paid for and more. It’s pretty comfortable, it doesn’t have any areas that leave you feeling sore and it’s pretty nifty in the regard that it’s great at spreading the weight evenly across the entire chair. This chair may not be a big hitter or as comfortable as the top chairs on the market today but you definitely won’t be disappointed in comfort.
The padding of the seat cushion is surprisingly thick. With such an inexpensive office chair, you might expect the cushion to be thin.
Instead, there is a nice thickness that doesn’t end up compacted and lead to the circulation in your legs getting cut off.
The mesh back has a bit of giving to it so it does conform somewhat to the contours of your back. It’s great at keeping you cool as there is no material there that reflects the heat back onto your back.
Though it doesn’t have a lumbar cushion, the shape of the back is ergonomic enough to offer some support. If you end up with mid back pain from using chairs with no lumbar support, then the shape of this chair will be just right for you.
Amazon did a great job at labeling all the pieces of the AmazonBasics Mid-Back Mesh Chair so that it is easy to assemble. The only tricky part is the usual suspect. Getting the back onto the post. Since you are trying to hold the back of the chair while easing it onto the base, it is hard to see if it is aligned right.
Luckily, the chair is very lightweight so it isn’t a huge hassle.
Amazon Basics Mid Back Mesh Chair
- Mesh Material – One thing we love about the mesh material of Amazon Basics chairs is that it allows for a lot of breathing room. This chair has a nice and open breathable mesh material to help support your back and adds an extra layer of comfort where other chairs don’t. Think about those beach chairs but add a lot more holes in them for added comfort.
- Seat Height – This chair allows you to easily adjust the height of the seat at the simple touch of a button, so you won’t have to fidget around with a complicated lever and try to guess where it’s going to put you. This chair makes it simple and easy to simply adjust your height and enjoy the chair according to where you want the chair. Also, the seat is extra padded even though it looks relatively thin, so you won’t have to worry about having a sore rear end after seating for long periods of time.
- Tough Cushion – One thing you might notice when you look at the AmazonBasics chairs is that it has a relatively thin cushion so this might lead some to believe that it’s going to be tough to sit on or that it’s not going to be comfortable to sit on. The high-grade cushioning used in this chair is tough and you won’t have any complaints when you sit down.
- Wheel Casters – This Amazon Basics chair emphasizes the use of dual casting wheels which means not only does it give the chair more mobility and longevity, but it’s great for wooden floors. Have you ever scooted across a wooden floor in a typical office chair? They’ll leave hard to remove scuff marks but you won’t have that problem in this chair as it was extremely tough but anti-scratch wheels.
- Budget-friendly and one of the most affordable chairs we’ve ever reviewed on the market today and not only that but it comes highly reviewed
- It has a nice 225-pound weight capacity which is great for a smaller chair and great for a wide range of consumers
- The depth of the seating and backrest is adequate and covers every area of your body nicely while providing maximum comfort
- The adjustment of the seat height is easy and seamless, it won’t jerk around as other chairs do
- It can be a bit noisy when you’re rocking back and forth
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I remove the AmazonBasics Mid-Back Mesh Chair armrests?
While there’s no easy way to do this, the armrests are attached by bolts on the underside of the chair, so you’d have to remove those to remove the armrests.
Can I use this chair if I’m 6’ tall or more?
We’ve seen multiple reviews of people who are over 6’ tall and have used this chair without any complaints or problems.
What’s the length from the floor to the top of the cushion?
If you’re asking about when you’re seated in the Amazon Basics chair, it’s about 22 inches to the cushion from the floor.
The AmazonBasics Mid Back Mesh Chair is a great budget purpose and it’s something that you’ll more than likely come to enjoy for a while. It’s pretty simple, it’s to the point and its sole purpose is to provide budget customers with a nice chair that will provide them plenty of comfort without charging an arm and a leg in pricing. We have no complaints, we’ve had no problems and we can’t recommend this Amazon Basics chair enough if you’re looking for something that’s friendly on the wallet and comforting at the same time.
- Design - 8.8/108.8/10
- Comfort - 9.4/109.4/10
- Durability - 8.6/108.6/10
- Strength - 9.1/109.1/10